View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 09:29 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gobucsmagic74 View Post
Of course they know the difference, but it doesn't change the fact that the asking price is irrelevant and potentially misleading after the fact. Please explain how knowing the seller's asking price helps the collecting community in any meaningful way if you don't know what the card actually sells for?
well in your example we know the card didn't sell for more than $100...that's gives more information than zero....if its not a big deal about the asking price...then why not leave it?

If I see a card listed for $300..and there are 4 price reductions to $200...and now $200 is the asking price...and it sold last week.....I know I wouldn't value that card at $300 when asking price was $200 after many reductions....how is that info bad for me to know...maybe sold for less than $200 as well..

I do know if the asking price is deleted..i don't think that helps the community..... if I am a new member and there is no past sales history ..and the guy that bought the $200 card says he needs $400 for it cause he just paid that last week on net54...do you think that's good for the community?

plus if you say 'of course they know the difference' between asking and sell price..than its not potentially misleading after the fact..because they KNOW the difference..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 08-14-2015 at 09:31 AM.