View Single Post
Old 06-09-2016, 10:22 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I suggest you forget the measurement trial. The trial that mattered was Mastro's and he is in jail for trimming it, saying he didn't, and pleading guilty to it (from what I recall).

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/i-...icle-1.1482098

Quote:
Originally Posted by 100backstroke View Post
Great large scan of the Wagner. I just used a ruler with centimeter markings and millimeter fractions - and looks like the bottom width is tad wider than top width. But it is just my crude measurement, could very well be off, and I wear glasses - eyesight not the best. And who knows - the factory cuts back then weren't perfect, I assume. If you had to pick the worst corner, would be the upper right - if it were cut, one would want to address that particular corner - goes along with my measurement trial.

The original post spoke of liquidity - its a different world now with auction houses offering money up front, and eBay where you can realize $ in your bank acct. in 2 weeks of listing.

And not all cards are going up. PWCC ended a T205 Cobb PSA 6 that went over $1.k less than it did in 2006. I have been eyeing a PSA 5 Cobb M116 on eBay for $2750. - kinda thought it would be gone by now at that price, but not. Could be wrong, but most of us don't own majority of our collections with waterfront cards. Just be happy if you own a couple, enjoy the rest of your collection. Hopefully the waterfront card market rise will trickle down to what us common folk own.

Last edited by Leon; 06-09-2016 at 12:19 PM. Reason: link added