View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 12:36 AM
Administrator

Default SCD - Prewar card freelancers

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Paul,

I understand what you are saying. However, the flip side of the coin is that people were on this very chatboard talking about the problems with the publication many years before this particular post without any response from SCD whatsoever. I was one of them. I took SCD for 16 years. The last 5 or 6 were a complete waste of money. I finally quit about 4 years ago. When this topic came up soon after, I [or "we" in some circles, lol] explained why. So did many other people who had quit taking the magazine. As best as I can recall, there was not even a peep from SCD in response to those posts. That led me to believe, rightly or wrongly, that SCD really didn't care too much about the opinions of the vintage collecting group, at least at that time.

Now it purportedly does? Now it wants input from the same vintage colletors it completely ignored for years? I'm sure the request is sincere, but I have to wonder why it is being made so late. It seems to me that the obvious answer is money/circulation.

I certainly can't fault SCD for trying to regain a customer base. However, it will take far more than an incredibly late request for articles from the same people that SCD ignored for years to make me want to join up again. Perhaps I'm wrong but from my perspective, insofar as the vintage aspect goes, this request is far too little and far too late.

Kenny Cole