View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 12:23 PM
Ed McCollum

Default Wonderful Gift from Greg Morris

As many of you probably know from a previous thread, Greg had started to list 11 cards that had Howe's stamp on the back that I had previously lost track of. I outed the auctions here on the board, just asking folks to keep an eye out for the next six cards from that group as they came out.

During the auction of those first five, Greg had reached out and told me to supply him with a mailing address, he would send me the other six and we'd agree to a price after I had them in hand.

At the end of those first five card auctions, prices were much greater than I would have expected for common, stamped T206s. I ended up winning only two of the five cards and responded back to Greg that if I were him, I would go ahead and list the other six in hopes of getting results like those from the first five. Business is business, he's in the business of selling cards, and I've known since the beginning that I wasn't going to get every Howe-stamped card I found. But he insisted, and after paying my invoice for the two I won, I received my cards Monday, along with the other six. I contacted Greg again and asked what I owed him for the total of eight cards, and he said he was just glad to help with the rebuild of the collection, and there was no additional charge.

I think that is a pretty awesome gesture on his part, and I am very grateful. Thanks to everyone on the board who has given me a heads-up when they see one of Howe's cards come up for auction, for the offers to be bidding partners in auctions where there are cards I'm not interested in along with Howe's cards, and for the cards that arrive randomly in the mail to go in to the rebuilt collection. Without the help of the members of the Net54 board, this collection wouldn't exist. Thanks again to everyone.

Sorry for the pitiful scan.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Morris Card Frtons.jpg (76.3 KB, 769 views)
File Type: jpg Morris Cards Backs.jpg (78.7 KB, 770 views)