View Single Post
Old 05-01-2017, 07:48 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpm0014 View Post
I collect T206 player game used bats. A simple Wildfire Schulte was at $7200 last time I looked! I dropped out at $2200. That is utterly absurd. It is a $500 bat, tops. Some crazy prices.

$13,200. Insane.
If you have been buying t206 bats with any regularity, you would know far better than me. But I would have thought that it is worth much more than $500. 1) It's got a rare JF Hillerich and Son center brand---doesn't that alone raise the asking price to about $400 or more? 2) The bat has a prominent player's name on it, making it more expensive. No? 3) Then it has legible side-writing connecting it to Schulte. And it has the vault marks to show that it is the Schulte bat used for model S47. It is hard to find evidence that puts a bat in the hands of real dead ball player--especially one we've heard of. Wouldn't that bring the asking price to the upper hundreds, at least? 4) Beyond that, Schulte was a big deal with the Cubs when they were champions. I would think that bat would sell to a Cubs fan for a couple of thousand any day. Yes, of course, the 5 figures seems more appropriate to a minor Hall of Famer. Or am I way off about the market?