View Single Post
Old 05-18-2019, 07:23 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
And with grading it's PSA that set that expectation. If I remember it right, they were habitually late anyway, and their enthusiasts didn't usually care.

I sort of get the rush, I can't imagine an insurance company is happy if the expensive stuff stays in the building any longer than necessary. And Dealers of course want fast turnaround so their money isn't tied up any longer than it must be.

Without changing the overall scheme, I don't see a way for things to change
Collectors are impatient too judging by the posts I have seen here. When those of us a certain age were growing up there was of course no email, no texting, no overnight deliveries, long-distance phone calls cost too damn much to make regularly so you wrote letters to your girlfriend if you were away, etc. etc. etc. I think people today have a completely different conception of time.

There's that wonderful saying, I think it may be Spanish, slow down, we're in a hurry.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-18-2019 at 07:27 PM.