View Single Post
Old 01-18-2012, 04:20 PM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Default not quite

Mike,

The response you got was not quite accurate. I was actually the winner on the '20 Dodgers pennant (and an underbidder on the Indians pennant). I paid for it, received it two Saturdays ago, and immediately returned it for a refund (which could only be given if pennant not as described/pictured). I can prove this to anyone if need be. Pennant was not accurately pictured and some flaws were left out. Significant fade to the felt on the front, it is much lighter than the back which doesn't quite show up in the pictures. In the pictures the shade looks about the same on both sides but that isn't true. Pennant is also very thin in the upper left corner, especially around the Y and N in Brooklyn, hold it to the light and it is almost like Kleenex. There's also wear to the wide end edge by the top. The bottom tassel is partially disconnected from the grommet leaving a fairly large hole. Also the faded fibers were kinda loose and shedding off the front. It is authentic in my opinion and very old, maybe not back to 1920 but perhaps from a very old Hall of Fame series or something. Had I known these other flaws I likely would still bid on it but nowhere near what I actually did, not even close. I saw the re-posting and noticed that it is the same description with no revision. That's unfortunate.

Lastly, yes, I was the one who started this thread, I wanted to see peoples' objective thoughts and didn't want anyone to hold back so as to not want to break any bad news to me.

Last edited by thetahat; 01-18-2012 at 04:26 PM.