Thread: JULY pickups
View Single Post
Old 07-31-2015, 03:52 PM
Skip

Default Mic Stand

Here's the story: This guy calls me and says his father maintained the sound systems at most entertainment venues in Nashville beginning in the 1940s: the fairgrounds racetrack, Vanderbilt football stadium and gym, and Nashville's baseball stadium, Sulphur Dell.

He told me that as a kid he would go with his dad to install new and replace worn-out equipment, holding on to the old stuff to use as replacement parts. He ran across me as a collector of Nashville baseball memorabilia through www.sulphurdell.com and wanted me to have a mic stand from Sulphur Dell that he held on to as a memento.

After contacting me we met and he handed this over, not accepting my offer to pay for it. He said he placed the masking tape over the mic stand back in the 60s and set it on a shelf at his business. Sulphur Dell was no longer used as a ballpark in 1964, and was a race track during 1965, was demolished in 1969.

Believable story? I'd appreciate any opinions. I know there's no real worth, but I'm wondering if I should locate a microphone from the period for display purposes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mic stand.jpg (71.3 KB, 168 views)

Last edited by Nashvol; 07-31-2015 at 04:18 PM. Reason: To add city location for venues