View Single Post
Old 03-25-2008, 12:02 PM
Administrator

Default SCD actively seeking Pre-War Card Columnist

Posted By: J Levine

Here is a sample of my writing that I think will fit in with SCD's philosophy of journalism:

"In this weeks column, let us examine the 1911 T205 Gold Bordered set. Specifically the John Titus card. This card has it all. Beautiful colors, a great picture of a moderate player, and gold borders. How could anyone not like this card. The yellow background really sets off the facsimile signature and the team designation. This card belongs in any pre-war collection.

If you would like to see a great scan of this wonderful pre-war card, please head over to my auction site: www.scdsupportscrookedauctionpractices.com (also listed on page 12 of the current SCD across from the Coaches Corner auction). My auction includes three such examples of this rare and valuable card to be viewed and possibly won (if my shills are outbid). If you want to compare the facsimile autograph on the front of the T205 Titus and see how it differs from a real Titus autograph, make sure to check out my lot #33 with a real authentic autograph that comes with a certificate from Chris Morales and STAT. Both very reputable in the eyes of this wonderful magazine.

Make sure to check out next week's column on the undervalued and exceedingly rare T206 Leon Ames card. Don't forget to check out my auction next week as well for scans of at least 4 Ames cards and 2 Ames autographs!"

So, do I get the job?

Joshua