View Single Post
Old 01-03-2021, 05:45 AM
The Uber Anal Retentive Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domer05 View Post
Are my eyes that loud??

This poses an interesting ethical question for the thread: If a pennant maker screwed up something during the manufacturing process, and you can fix it; and, actually succeed in enhancing the look of the pennant ... should you??

For example ... re-sewing faulty stitching caused by a lazy seamstress; removing paint splatter or color bleed caused by a hasty screen printer; re-securing a loose tassel or photo; or sharpening a blunt tip that was never sharp to begin with.

Discuss.
I think it depends, only with respect to disclosure if you have to resell. Cleaning dirt of a pennant? That’s fine IMO. Carefully removing paint splatter? That, too. But trimming to make a pointy tip ... yeah that’s a no-no. Now I will say that the dreaded Ad Flags are notorious for wavy cuts, and while I generally avoid Ad Flags I do have a Colt 45s that looked like it was originally cut by an 8 year old with his art class scissors. And if anything the imperfections made it bigger. A straight edge and an exacto knife fixed it right up.

Loose tassels? No. Loose pictures? Yes. Elmers clear glue stick.

Last edited by thetahat; 01-03-2021 at 05:47 AM.