View Single Post
Old 07-10-2007, 03:00 PM
Administrator

Default Mastro Auctions Being Investigated by the FBI

Posted By: Bob

I think I now have Excedrin headache #206 from reading 120 posts on the Mastro situation.
Rather than rehashing, I have 3 things to say:
1) I think Doug Allen is a really nice guy but to think he would come here and "tell all" is ludicrous. His attorney would cuff him (literally) on the back of the head. The FBI certainly doesn't need the help of any comments he might make on the Net54 Board, however innocuous, in making its case against Mastro, if Mastro is in fact being investigated.
2) No one likes shilling and if in fact (big IF) Mastro was involved in that, then katy bar the door they should be put out of business for its practice. This all remains to be proven and we shouldn't jump the gun.
3) Anne Coulter is trash. Pure, unadulterated white trash. She could easily be pictured in a long black trench coat, blonde hair tightly pulled back, and a swastika on her arm in 1936 Berlin. There are conservative commentators and political observers who I might not agree with but respect and who are decent, intelligent people. Coulter is not one of them. Her comments about John Edwards' deceased son shocked even the most conservative of my friends and revealed the guttersnipe for what she truly is- white trash wrapped up in a sleek package.