View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Administrator

Default E103.....value in poor condition?

Posted By: Joann

I disagree. I think it was a great buy. Granted it has condition problems, and a poor is a poor is a poor. But consider that even though it would grade a 1 by anybody; it is in one piece, it has no pieces missing, no tears that I can see, no substantial back damage such as paper loss or scrapbook remnants, no pinholes or tack-pulls, and no writing or marks. At least I don't see any of these conditions, and if present they are not substantial.

All in all, it's a decent card that despite its poor condition does not have any of the major problems that are often associated with bargain-basement pickups. I don't remember the last time I saw any E103 in any condition at all go for less than $50, and I'm trying to think if I've ever really seen much under $100.

Good price - maybe a great price. I think if you got it graded it would go for more than $25. Heck, I'd give you $25 for it right now, raw.

As to grading, I think that for low-level cards (1's, and maybe low-end 2's) the grading decision is far more influenced by philosophical issues, and less by potential resale value. Just my opinion.

Nice pick-up.

Joann

Edited to correct improper use of it's versus its. (!)