View Single Post
Old 07-29-2007, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Default A Bit OT : UD sacks Vick

Posted By: Misunderestimated (Brian H.)

Upper Deck cut Vick from its soon-to-be released set. They can do what they want I have no problem with that.

However, I wonder what it says about the collectors that Vick (who has only been charged) is so abhorrent for allegedly organizing and sponsoring dog fights that he gets preemptively eliminated.

Remember other high profile players in other major sports have been charged with crimes (and despised) but were included in card sets. Off hand I think of Kobe Bryant although there are many others (see: Cincinatti Bengals, for example). Kobe who was charged with a crime that I -- and our legal system -- consider quite a bit more serious than involvement in dog fighting : sexual assault.

Kobe was not convicted after the charges were dropped. However, I think as many people thought Bryant was guilty at the outset as think Vivk is guilty now. Is dogfighting more repellent to the collecting community than rape?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070728/ap_on_sp_fo_ne/fbn_vick_upper_deck_4;_ylt=Athev.zKAb5lZ3VzAvGL_m0 E1vAI

If Leon and co. want to cut this one I understand -- no hard feelings. I think its my only OT to date.