View Single Post
Old 12-04-2001, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Default Keith Olbermann - T206 set

Posted By: Marc S. 

I saw this update on the T206 set reprint that Topps is producing:

Topps recently announced that news anchor and veteran collector Keith Olbermann has agreed to write a historical profile on the famous T206 set for 2002 Topps 206 Baseball, a product scheduled to release on February 27, 2002.

"The artwork captured me immediately," Olbermann says. "This is the closest thing I have seen to the original T206 in terms of reproducing the look and feel, and I'm certain this set will be a success both in terms of quality and popularity."

The profile will be featured as a box-topper sheet in all boxes of Topps 206. Olbermann has one of the largest and most comprehensive T206 collections in existent.

"I started collecting T206 when I was eleven years old," says the popular sports anchor. "The cards captivated me then, and today, when I have the Wagner and the Doyle and all the unissued proofs, I still go looking for printing variations and T206-related material. I think this new set is a wonderful extension of the original series. And in addition to being a great series on its own, it's going to introduce a lot of newer collectors to the wonders of the original set."

So my question is this: Does Olbermann actually own all the unissued proofs? (I know the answer is no) If he doesn't, is he just being cocky in the above news release, or was he misquoted? Has anyone out there dealt with him that they would know?

Marc