View Single Post
Old 03-18-2014, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drift View Post
I've read up on past posts regarding a similar topic and wanted to elaborate on actual examples of cases, sleeves, frames etc that collectors use to store and display tickets.

I'm contemplating whether to submit some more tickets to PSA for authenticating/holdering.

Although I enjoy the raw form of a ticket without a bulky plastic holder.
I also enjoy the visual of a PSA label describing the event.

A "Tall Boy" 3x5 toploader seems to work for most my raw stubs.
Wanting to know what else is out there?

sharing photo examples would be wonderful to see.
Hi Drift,
My standard go to is a 7 1/2" x 3 1/4" (it's labeled as 3" x 7") ticket/currency top loader for most stubs and full tickets. The manufacturer that I use is SafTgard Supplies.

For more special rare tickets that I plan to display, I use custom acrylic screwdown cases that a gentleman in So Cal used to hand make for me and other people 15-20 years ago. Several excellent screw down bricks are available in the marketplace. If you attend the National Sportscard Convention, there are always dealers that specialize in supplies with a variety of display/storage options.

Here is a look at how I display my tickets in a top loader and a couple of my custom screwdown acrylic cases that I mentioned.

BTW, my personal bias is that I do not like to slab tickets. The date and most important info about the game is already on the ticket and I don't feel the need to pay someone to tell me what event a ticket was used for. To each is own, though!

The great thing about collecting is that you have different options and choices about how you want to display your collection and how you spend your money.
There definitely is no right or wrong answer, FWIW.

Good collecting,
Scott
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JJim Bunning signed perfect game ticket.jpg (76.7 KB, 219 views)
File Type: jpg Nolan Ryan Angel's debut and 1st Angels win ticket.jpg (32.7 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg Ryan 324th win.jpg (37.0 KB, 217 views)
File Type: jpg Ticket wall.jpg (36.8 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg Ticket wall 2.jpg (48.5 KB, 211 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-18-2014 at 01:38 PM.