View Single Post
Old 05-03-2015, 01:01 PM
Michael Br0wne

I believe there are only around 100 or so M101 Ruth rookies, all backs considered, graded by PSA & SGC. Then subtract crossovers which create those phantoms in the population reports. There is always debate as to how many of any card are out there raw, but it's impossible to know. I'm personally of the mind that famous expensive cards tend to find their way into TPG holders quickly.

Considering the M101 Ruth is the rookie of the game's premiere player of all time, it seems like supply is very tiny compared to the demand of those collectors, like myself, who would one day love to brandish one in their collections.

Whenever I look at the ones that surface on the auction circuit and think, or should I say dream, of chasing it, it is the poor centering that really gets me. It seems like 9 out of 10 are way off. Then there's those pesky print lines.

(A board member here owns an example with the exact qualities I would want in one-- you know who you are! I will keep raising my offer over time (assuming my savings can outpace the card's appreciation) and one day you'll say yes! )