View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Administrator

Default OT A few Opinions Needed

Posted By: James Gallo

Ok guys so for the most part this is off topic but I wanted to get a diverse group of opinions on an issue I am having and the make-up of this board suits it perfectly.

Here is the deal. I agreed to a 4 month payment plan on 3/11 for an $1200 item. As of the beginning of December there was still $255 left on the balance. The payments had been inconsistent and the communication was not the best but I was dealing with some know in the community so I let it go and didn't push.

At the beginning of December I set a deadline of December 22nd without payment and stated that if I did not have the balance of the payment in hand I would send what he had paid back minus 20%.

On the 19th I get an emailing saying a MO will go out the next day on the 21st I get an email saying the money order was sent. Well the week goes by and no money order. It is not 4 business days past due and I sent him an email stating I have had it and upon receiving the last payment I will be sending him that plus what he has paid minus the 20%.

I am now getting jee I didn't think it would be a problem since I let you know it was coming and what is the 20% crap I don't buy it send me back all my money.

So my question is should I send him back all his money or am I justified in keeping the 20%. He won't sue me as he is in CA and I am in PA but do I have a legal foot to stand on in a court?

This is a deal that went 5 months longer then it was supposed to am I just supposed to accept that the buyer can change the deal but the seller is helpless.

I welcome all thoughts and this is NOT a card I sold at all.

Thanks

James G

Looking for 1915 Cracker Jacks and 1909-11 American Caramel E90-1.