View Single Post
Old 02-10-2018, 09:06 AM
M@rk Comer

Default Topps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark70Z View Post
Think it’s a very good possibility. The back looks very similar to a match print photo that I have that was used for a Topps produced card. Very cool piece.
I know it’s weird quoting myself, but still think it’s a “very good possibility” that this was used for the card or possibility cards.

1. On the Scoop card notice the right foot portion of the card. It’s on a different angle than that of the actual photo. Therefore, we know this was the photo used for the card, even if a different match print, so the foot portion would have needed to be drawn by an artist for this card. Also, we know that the picture is B&W and the color would need to be added.

2. The ‘56 Topps is more of a likely possibility to me mainly due to the right leg and left cleat (anyone have the Feller photo without the wite-out?). Appears that both of these areas have unique shapes that match or line up, at least using my aged eyes, to be a match to the photo (Darren...why don’t you do one of those cool things you do for variances in cards for this?!?).

Like I mentioned the back of the photo looks just like a match print photo that I have from Topps. Looks like there is a stamp or some type of writing on the back, or maybe just a red mark. If writing, what does it state?

Either way it’s a cool photo and if it wasn’t used for the card/s it be neat to find out what it was used for.

Last edited by Mark70Z; 02-10-2018 at 09:13 AM.