View Single Post
Old 08-23-2016, 03:31 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default Scott

Hi Scott, I'm not sure about your age or your military service. Are you considered a senior citizen? The city of Middletown has a website that shows senior citizen resources. They may be be able to provide you with low income housing. Are you a veteran? The website also shows some veterans websites that may be helpful.

Senior Services Division
61 Durant Terrace
Middletown, CT 06457

(860) 638-4540 Phone
(860) 343-5427 Fax

It is late in the day and these places will be closed, but you may be able to dig something up tomorrow.

One of my daughters is a police officer, and she works closely with the Salvation Army and other groups who can assist. Stop a police officer and tell him/her what is going on. They may be able to find a church group or a non-profit that can help. Here is the Salvation Army info for Middletown.

Middletown Corps
515 Main Street
Middletown, CT 06457
(860) 347-7493 Fax860) 347-0949

My daughter carries a "homeless" kit in her squad car, which includes basic toiletry items. She also has food vouchers for local establishments and she can usually find a voucher for a night at a motel. I know that some police offers will just blow you off, but others may be willing to help.

As a last resort, go to an emergency room at a hospital. They may be able to give you temporary shelter or hook you up with some services.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.