View Single Post
Old 04-16-2017, 12:05 PM
Joe Drouillard

My wife and I go to Cooperstown every year on Induction Weekend. The crowds are huge and you have to pace yourself to see everything. This time of year you should have a great time at the Hall without feeling like you are being pushed along in an assembly line.

Some of the best restaurants are twenty minutes away in Oneonta, NY. Brooks House of Barbeque is a must stop. The Farmhouse, Stella Luna, and Toscana Northern Italian Grill are great for dinner. I like Morey's Family Restaurant for breakfast.

In Cooperstown The Pit under the Tunnicliff Inn and the Hardball Cafe serve decent sandwiches and are within a couple of blocks of the hall. The Lake Front Restaurant for dinner has a nice view and is a short walk from the Hall.

If you are looking for a bargain in autographs or baseball cards stick to eBay, but if you are looking for a particular autograph of a hard to get HOFer you can find it on one of the shops on main street. I have found a few deals on cards, (1960s high number or error cards in dollar boxes) but I had to look through everything to find them.

Baseball T-shirts and Cooperstown themed clothes are plentiful and can be found at discounted prices. My wife loves to shop for unusual baseball items, purses that look like baseballs, etc. We often split up for a couple of hours and I will spend more time at the museum while she hits the shops.

I'm sure that you will enjoy yourself. Cooperstown is just a great place to stroll around, take pictures, and go back in time.

Best regards,

Joe

Last edited by Northviewcats; 04-16-2017 at 04:55 PM.