View Single Post
Old 04-21-2009, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Default Legendary Auctions. Should I call the police on them about having possible stolen material

Posted By: boxingcardman

On the assignment of the consignment agreement. While the agreement itself is silent on the issue, as has been pointed out, it repeatedly uses the term "we" in allocating responsibilities to Mastro. "We" is specifically defined in paragraph 1 as "MastroNet, Inc." As I read things, therefore, MastroNet, Inc. is given the right to sell the item. Not Mastronet, Inc. or its assignee. Now, that said, I don't know IL law; it is possible that IL law allows a contract to be assigned unless it is expressly forbidden by the contract. An IL attorney would have to answer that one.

Regardless of the law, taking consignments to a new company and refusing to give them back to consignors who don't want to do business with the new company is really lousy customer relations. I know that if I ever dealt with an auctioneer who did that, I'd be very unhappy and if I asked for it back and they refused, it would be my last dealings ever with either company.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc