View Single Post
Old 02-12-2018, 08:03 PM
Tyler Smith
Tyler Sm.ith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
agreed

Plus, anyone who has a substantial collection better hope and pray that kids are still collecting .... we need a replacement base, and it appears it ain't happening
I can thankfully say I believe you’re wrong on this Neal. I’m 32 and amazed at how people in the 25-35 year old range are getting back into it. There seems to be a common theme I’ve noticed. Kids who collected in the late 80’s through early 00’s first get lured back in with high end boxes and breaks (tribute, museum, et cetera), then start buying the vintage cards they wanted as kids but could never afford. It’s never going to be like the 80’s again with virtually every boy in the country ripping packs of 88 donruss and fleer but I actually think the demand for vintage and high end modern items is going to greatly surpass everyone’s expectations (or should I say hopes?) over the long term. Many reasons for this but I think people only focus on schoolboys ripping packs for an indication of the hobby’s future.

As for cards of the year, again the Frank Robinson rookie as well as early Jackie and Willie cards. Amazingly undervalued IMO.

Last edited by ronniehatesjazz; 02-12-2018 at 08:06 PM.