View Single Post
Old 06-18-2002, 11:06 PM
Administrator

Default ...and now for something completely different! (shahid cards!!)

Posted By: leon

Well, after reading the article using my phrase about "shekels" is a little ironic but here goes anyway. Ya'll know I am Jewish but who cares, I am only pointing that out so folks know I am not racist against "me, or my kind", or anyone for that matter.........There is NO WAY this thread should be deleted IMO. Suggesting that is just crazy. This is America and Scott was not intending to offend anyone with bringing up the fact that a sad thing is going on in the world. It does relate to cards in a remote way albeit not vintage. I found the article interesting. It's a shame little children are being taught it is holy and noble to kill innocent people for any reason let alone religeon. I can not believe there is any God ANYWHERE that would want that. If it offends someone to read the article then so be it. The shine from my bald head probably offends some too....big deal Ignoring it won't make it go away and I would rather be informed than uninformed...but that's just me. I hate to see Pete and Scott go at it like that but I am sure it is meant in good spirit. I did not construe Scott's opening remark the same way Pete did. I thought he was just putting a spin on the sad situation. Maybe a little on the slippery side but not enough to roast him. I can see myself very easily saying the same thing and then thinking maybe I should have put it a different way...and then maybe not, da** it. It was a twist that a good journalist might like. It raises an irony about the whole thing by saying it the way he (Scott) did. I don't think he would make light of the situation in a normal conversation. IF anyone thinks that; you don't know him. And for the record I am a staunch REPUBLICAN but have some views that Democrats would be proud of (not many but some).....Whomever threw the political shoe in this fight needs to duck because I can throw pretty hard back at ya'.......well, I guess until someone lambastes me I can go for now.....best regards all and "Let's get ready to RUMBLE !!!!!!! "...better yet let's get back to vintage baseball cards