View Single Post
Old 02-28-2007, 11:52 AM
Administrator

Default My experiment on the BST

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

I've put up a few cards on the BST for sale. In one of the sales I indicated I'd take the best reasonable offer. I'll call my reasonable level 100%. I received three offers at the 30% - 40% level and one at 85%. In all cases, none of the offers reached the 100% level. This would indicate that I probably had my expectations too high. I did however get an offer that was close (85%) which tells me that I wasn't too far off. I'm pretty sure I know how much I could get for the card on ebay and if you subtract out the commissions (ebay, paypal, etc) the end price would be at about the 92% mark. If there is no set price I'm pretty sure the BST monitors would like to try and get a card well below market value if possbile and you'll be offered less than the market value (in most cases). If I sold it for less than fair market value then I'm sure I'd see the card back on the BST in the next month or so, with a higher price.

I've made some good purchases on the BST and I've paid pretty strong for other cards. OVerall I like the BST but I'd not recommend selling cards unless you have a fixed price or unless, as a seller, you know what your card is really worth before accepting an offer.