View Single Post
Old 02-15-2024, 11:51 AM
mĒttHǝɯ h0uℊℌ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammertime View Post
Because they know that's the conclusion the media immediately jumps to in situations like this. It's a vicious cycle, a self-fulfilling prophecy. And yes I know it's not the point you were trying to make but the authorities are complicit as well. Why can't they just say "it's under investigation and we will get to the bottom of it"?
That is a good point. Controversial topics draw the clicks and views, that's for sure. And if the media coverage was the reason the obnoxious, angry people on this thread were so upset, I don't think the discussion here would have devolved to the extent it has. I think most reasonable people can agree that the outrage machine is out of control.
Successful transactions with: Natswin2019, ParachromBleu, Cmount76, theuclakid, tiger8mush, shammus, jcmtiger, oldjudge, coolshemp, joejo20, Blunder19, ibechillin33, t206kid, helfrich91, Dashcol, philliesfan, alaskapaul3, Natedog, Kris19, frankbmd, tonyo, Baseball Rarities, Thromdog, T2069bk, t206fix, jakebeckleyoldeagleeye, Casey2296, rdeversole, brianp-beme, seablaster, twalk, qed2190, Gorditadogg, LuckyLarry