View Single Post
Old 08-13-2010, 02:26 PM

Definitely an issue of overwhelming time. As some have mentioned, Burbank is (I believe), the biggest volume sports card dealer in the world. While I'm sure it sounds easy enough to hire a kid to scan everything, I don't think people realize the logistics of scanning, organizing, hosting, and posting literally MILLIONS of card images. The bulk of their buyers are trying to finish sets, and trust their grading sight unseen. you pay full retail, but that is because there is no one else who has even a fraction of their inventory in complete year, set, and number order to pick cards in seconds and fill wantlists. You pay for the service.

That all being said, I agree that they might want to consider hiring someone to scan and post images of cards above a certain dollar value, like $25, $50, $100, etc. Someone needing that last 1988 Topps #48 card for their set really couldn't (and shouldn't) care less about a detailed scan, but I think they might see increased sales on the higher end cards if they could eventually put scans up.

All this to say, Burbank is a very trustworthy and reputable company and I'm sure if you have a problem with the grade of a card you buy from them, they would probably work with you.

Mark Anderson