View Single Post
Old 10-20-2008, 09:43 AM
Administrator

Default Retire (stop collecting) or Work ( continue collecting) Dilemma

Posted By: Dan Koteles

Well you cannot take them with you and the next generation will only sell them when in dire need, unless you have G.W's money !

I thought that I could never part with any of the 7 Boston Garters I owned, the 47 Mello Mints, 7 JAckson Cracker JAcks, 113 CObbs...but I did. I had only saved the very first Cobb that I got from Sal Weingarten (Baseball & Memories)cause he was a true pal back then .There never was a hassle in buying a card from him, so I still have that one and the Cobbs went back up to 30, down to 8 and back up to 18....so ya never know.

I know that working SUCKS, just because of the so many charachters you have in dealing with the public! I often wonder if some of these people ever look in the mirror and realize how demanding and rude that they are for no reason at all.

Enjoy your life, noone knows the cards you have sitting in the corner but you. You can boast about them all day, but only having one life and paying your dues is complete ,wind down and relax.

You could also down-size your home and get a one bedroom for you & your cards !

Keep the cards you have, add 2-3 a year and do some possible trading on the b/S/t.