View Single Post
Old 03-16-2016, 04:14 PM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
707 Sports Cards is one of the worst. He puts a date stamp watermark on all his images. Here is one from 2008...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1910-T206-ML...l3nyvclslHWafQ

If he would just price his cards reasonably, he would make less profit margin, but his overall profit would be much greater because he would turn over his inventory quicker. How do some people stay in business? I really don't get it. I wonder how much he's paid in re-list fees over the 8 years this card has been on eBay?
I disagree. High margin at low sales = low margin at high sales. Except it's more work to mail more packages and once they sell their inventory it's hard to replenish at reasonable prices (i.e. if you think he can restock at below market prices then just go to the same place to buy what you want). This way he can sit back and relax while selling 5 cards per week and make the same profit as selling 200 cards at market prices, then still know he has 195 more cards in inventory to do the same thing the following week, after week, after week.

It sucks for buyers but anyone who has overpaid for a BIN has enabled this to happen. Nobody else is to blame.