View Single Post
Old 12-14-2014, 05:32 PM
David Linardy

Quote:
Originally Posted by daves_resale_shop View Post
Tony, that Ruth is exquisite! and Chris, the Mantle looks great!

As some of you may know, for the last year and a half (maybe two), I have been transforming my three year old son's room into a Man Cave of sorts...The focus has been on my favorite player: Ted Williams... I prefer flats over other mediums as i feel they make for great displays...

Now to the point: I have been looking for a Pre-Rookie Williams signature for quite some time, and I can never seem to find the fish hook "T" variation on anything but a ball.

This one recently came to market & I had to grab it...

First off, its a monster (rougly 5x7"), has the graphs of 4 other Hall of Famers

My research leads me to believe it was signed some time during Ted's first spring training with the Sox in 1938. Hall of famers aside, I think the Bob Daughters signature is very interesting...

Bob played in one major league game (april 24, 1937-Boston's home opener), versus the Yankees. Daughters pinch ran for Rick Ferrell in the 10th, managed to score a run... he never got to bat and his big league career was over...

Very Happy to add this one to our collection, not sure how I'm going to display it, If anyone has suggestions please pm me...

Many Thanks & Happy Holidays to all of the great members that make this board what it is...

Dave
Got this one back from the framer yesterday... paired it with an image of Ted while in Sarasota during spring training... It now sits in my Son's room (my man cave) above my other favorite Williams piece (circa 1939 snapshot likely signed in 1940)... I don't think I ever shared that one, but was stunned when I found out that a fellow member (Thanks Scott!) had a similar photo that was likely taken seconds before or after the one I had... I'm very grateful that he was willing to part with it, as I believe things like these are meant to be together.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1214_williams_1.jpg (35.4 KB, 281 views)
File Type: jpg 1214_williams_2.jpg (31.3 KB, 282 views)

Last edited by daves_resale_shop; 12-14-2014 at 05:33 PM.