View Single Post
Old 07-12-2016, 07:44 PM

An interesting parallel is currently happening with Magic the Gathering cards. Wizards of the Coast (maker of Magic the gathering) have a "reserve list" - these are cards they have said will never be printed again in subsequent releases.

As a result, people started to buy up all copies of certain cards on this list. They then posted about cornering the market thus creating a buying frenzy and driving prices up.

Some truly standup guys are trying to get in on the action too, might have heard of him - Martin Shkreli - see article below.

http://www.geek.com/games/real-life-...cards-1661003/

I am in a way reluctant to fan the flames of this whole conspiracy topic but there is some fairly compelling evidence at least with other collectibles. While baseball doesn't have a reserved list we do have 'pop' reports which could serve a similar purpose. I do however agree with Leon's above point that this is a futile effort to corner the market completely. I do also think this 'new blood' is good for the health of the hobby. I myself am part of that new blood.

Last edited by revlis; 07-12-2016 at 07:52 PM.