View Single Post
Old 08-25-2016, 02:17 PM

Default We all make mistakes including PSA..

was your ticket from 1961 or 1960. The PSA slab says 1960 but you say 1961. People make mistakes (even REA) Your mistake wasn't a big deal and most didn't notice it and your ticket still sold (GLAD PSA DIDN'T HAVE A TYPO) You have intelligently stated why you dislike PSA . Some tickets I send to PSA and some I don't. I get frustrated by them, but I am glad they are in business. I can choose to use them or not. They are going to make mistakes, but they do try to correct them. Their turn around time is too slow but I still appreciate their business. For the record I too don't care if a ticket is a two or three as long as it looks nice. If it is graded a four or better. I KNOW ITS NICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
For Sale

Rare ticket stub from Ted Williams' final game on September 28, 1961, at Fenway Park. Ted Williams' final game took many people by surprise. While everyone knew that the 1960 season was to be his last, everyone assumed he would close out his career during the club's final three-game series at Yankee Stadium. Instead, Williams received permission from the club to skip the final road trip, meaning his final game would take place against the Baltimore Orioles at Fenway Park on September 28th. With no official announcement made regarding Williams' decision, it's no wonder that only about 10,000 showed up to witness history that day. Williams' final at bat took came in the eighth inning and even Hollywood could not have come up with a better ending. Years later Curt Gowdy, longtime broadcaster for the Red Sox who called the game that day, recounted the drama of "Teddy Ballgame's" goodbye: "His last time up, there were maybe 10,000 people at Fenway. It was a cold, gray day. He ran the count to 2-and-2. Jack Fisher threw him a letter-high fastball and Ted hit it high and far and it landed in the right-field grandstand. He rounded the bases with his head down as he always did, crossed the plate and ran into the dugout. The fans were screaming for him to take a bow, but he never did so. When Carroll Hardy replaced Williams in left field in the top of the ninth inning, one of the greatest chapters in baseball history came to an official close. This rare ticket commemorates that memorable finale and is one of only a few to surface.

Only 7 graded by PSA!!!!

Ungraded REA sold for $1659 in 2012

http://www.robertedwardauctions.com/...2012/1094.html

$500 shipped

Last edited by stlcardinalsfan; 08-25-2016 at 02:20 PM.