Thread: PSA Vs. SGC
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2020, 05:32 AM
Ry@n \/3tt3R

I am preparing a submission of about 25 cards, some 33 Goudeys, T206, and a bunch of 50s and 60s HOFers- Mantles, Aarons and others.

I decided on SGC as they seem to be on par with PSA in pre-war and 60s. And overall, I prefer a lot of things about SGC. However, as I am recording my expected grades and looking up values, I noticed some cards have large discrepancies from PSA.

For example, a 1938 Goudey Heads up Bump Hadley.... I look up 5s, 6s and 7s and there has not been an SGC recorded sale on any of these - EVER. Plenty for PSA. Now, I do not plan on selling anytime soon, but is it not a problem that that there is literally no sale activity on their cards other than the superstars? I guess this stems from lack of registry?
Deals Done: GrayGhost, Count76, mybuddyinc, banksfan14, boysblue, Sverteramo, rocuan, rootsearcher60, GoldenAge50s, pt7464, trdcrdkid, T206.org, bnorth, frankrizzo29, David Atkatz, Johnny630, cardsamillion, SPMIDD, esehombre, bbsports, babraham, RhodeyRhode, Nate Adams, OhioCardCollector, ejstel, Golfcollector, Luke, 53toppscollector, benge610, Lunker21, VintageCardCo, jmanners51, T206CollectorVince, hockeyhockey

Collecting: T206

Monster #236