View Single Post
Old 07-18-2019, 12:20 PM
Bobby Binder

You know what....

My Mother passed away last night

Me and who I am as a person. I am as honest and giving a person as you will ever meet. A straight shooter that usually says it as I see it. Hard for me to lie and sugarcoat anything. My daughter is a soccer player and goes to Williams College and won the D3 National Championship last season. Growing up playing soccer after every game we would talk and she would ask me how she played. My reply was " Do you want me to tell you what you want to hear or what I really thought" she always choose what I thought.

And yes sometimes I say some stupid things and put my foot in my own mouth. But that is who I am...

I started VCP 12 years ago and sold all my cards so I could be completely neutral and no one could ever accuse me of trying to manipulate values for my own personal gain. I wanted to be a rock and gate keeper for the market and run this site with integrity and tried to set rules that would make that a reality. In all these years I can't tell you how many times I have been approached to do things that are not on the up and up. Make price changes, make sales disappear, etc, etc..... I have never ever once compromised my principals or have done anything of the sort. I feel obligated to our membership to provide to them the most accurate and timely data possible with no exceptions. Yes there are errors because we are 100% transparent everyone can see those errors and they can report them to us so they can be fixed.

I am approachable but not always agreeable. People may get the wrong idea about me and think that I am mad or angry. Not the case life goes on and all I want is to develop a great product that everyone in this hobby can use to make better decisions.

It really upsets me to be honest that people think that I am a cheat, fraud, or have anything to do with any of this crap going on in this whole mess happening right now in this hobby. Because it is not true...i have ZERO knowledge of any of it and have gained nothing from it.