View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 09:57 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Well I agree that outing fraud is good. I just think some of those outing the fraud are probably fraudsters too. I realize you don't have an issue with that (or seem to insinuate that). I do, we can easily agree to disagree. That doesn't mean what they say isn't true.
I was taken to task over there for things I don't/didn't do. And the mods did nothing. And no, I would not answer anonymous posters questions either. IF they want to put their real, verifiable, name next to it I am happy to answer. But it would not be in a venue where those kind of patently false accusations, by anonymous (trolls in my book), don't get reprimanded. Overall, of course I am glad the fraud that was going on was outed and is being dealt with by authorities. I hope whomever is committing fraud in the hobby gets punished to the full extent of the law. It hurts all hobbyists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenny Cole View Post
Leon,

I agree that posting names is a good thing. And I always do it, as you know.
I am also good with people outing fraudsters, particularly if, as there has been, before and after pics are posted that are pretty damning. In that specific instance, I am beyond OK with that even if they don't post names. Would I prefer that they did? certainly. But the evidence is rather compelling irrespective of that. If the authorities decide to take action, they will get those identities, I promise.

I am also good with the initial question Peter asked of Bobby. If you go read the thread, it is pretty clear that the CU reveal that was posted on Blowout indicated that Bobby posted under a, shall we say, assumed name, denied that it was him, and got caught based on previous posts where he had actually posted and identified himself under that same assumed name. It was really quite comical IMO.. I don't think there is anything wrong with calling him out for that either, because that was BS. I guess we will just have to agree to disagree on that.