View Single Post
Old 12-01-2017, 07:41 AM
Ne@l K

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
This is why shill bidding is so destructive. PWCC can do all the promotion it likes but the shilling atmosphere negates it. Did the Grove sell for more because the PWCC winner was pushed closer to his max bid? Was it just different eyes on the sales? Was there some other factor at work? We don’t know.

I will say this for PWCC, Probstein, etc.: they are procedurally honest. If you win an auction and you pay the price you will get the card. I’ve also won a few auctions lately at low prices but had the seller mysteriously lose the card. No worries of that with PWCC.
agreed

PWCC and Probstein are two sellers that have a true auction format. Auctions cause more action/excitement than shopping does. Like many, I have received outbid notifications that caused a stir inside of me, and at times, I bid more than originally intended simply to be part of the action and not let the other bidder win lol. I am sure that is a part of the PWCC success.

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others