View Single Post
Old 02-17-2017, 11:59 AM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I understand that Steve. I just don't think it should be available because it is used to alter cards for the sole purpose to deceive someone to make extra $. I could give detailed instructions on how to counterfeit cards also but choose not to. I am sure you also know how easy that is.
That's true.

It's often a tough choice, the conservation process is pretty important in some hobbies. And parts of it are a major concern of places like the LOC. All that can be used for valid conservation or deceptively. There's also some bad advice out there about how to do stuff, which can do more harm than good. So most legitimate conservation places share the information.

Info about outright faking stuff is also out there, but as it should be, is harder to find. Making a really good fake would take some skill and some budget. Most fakers thankfully don't /won't /can't take the time to learn. Even the best stamp forgers didn't do a perfect job of it. (Although there are some that are scarily close, and maybe one that is almost perfect. I haven't seen an example that I know of, but have probably seen at least one of those without knowing it. It was only mentioned to me in passing by someone far more expert. ) Sperati and Fournier are the big names, and their fakes are occasionally worth more than the originals.

Steve B