View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 05:43 PM
Shawn Gallagher

Thanks everyone for the advice and thoughts today! I looked into several of these new suggestions and here are some reactions:

M101 4/5 - I am really glad you all suggested this. I think it fits very well with the style of collection I am putting together and I had not done any research on it until today. It also has a very nice list of HOFers.

R316 Kashin - This is a nice checklist with 33 HOFers so would make some sense. Size is reasonably close to other sets I am collecting too so would display well. And the 1929 year is attractive too since I dont currently have a set from that year on my list.

Silks/Blankets - Thanks for the suggestion but I think for now I may make these an emergency only set. Mostly just because I am a newbie and dont really know how to evaluate them. I do see the point on the budget though, especially if "frayed" and why it might be a good solution for a Cobb/Young on a budget.

cmvorce, thanks for sharing your list! Definitely would love to do the N series cards someday! Interesting that our lists are so similar post 1900. I really like the look/design of the T212 Obaks but unfortunately with no HOFers I wasnt able to add. Sounds like it works well for your expanded list though. I like your inclusion of the E220s, and I almost added them to my list too but ultimately decided to stick to the american caramels during those years. Might revisit that to include E220s too.