View Single Post
Old 05-20-2019, 12:42 PM
J0hn Collin$

My mother passed away on May 5th after a very difficult battle with an undiagnosed neurological disease for about a year. I say this is a blessing because she is no longer in pain, and our family is finally getting some well-deserved rest. I have a lovely wife who keeps me sane, and 2 beautiful daughters (ages 12 and 9) who are thriving in school and sports. My wife and I are secure in our careers and enjoy them. Relatively speaking, we don't have financial worries. I recently found a hidden gem in a local card shop, and while this has not been great news for my wallet - old baseball cards continue to make me happy after 33 years now, and the new shop has helped out tremendously there with affordable vintage - the cards being a nice diversion and temporary escape when I needed them and memories of happier times during my mother's illness. Like I've heard others say here as well, Mom was the original supporter of my card habit.

There are plenty of things which scare me and could be potential disturbances in this world. But when I really think about it, I'm blessed and doing quite allright. Good topic!

Last edited by jchcollins; 05-20-2019 at 12:44 PM.