View Single Post
Old 03-16-2019, 11:55 AM
Hen.ry Mos.es

Default 500 home run club

It's real and it's spectacular. Sorry that my scanner ate the right side of the piece but it's all there. These are actual autographs and not just in the glossy 8 x 10. I also have the larger piece signed. These are from an estate I am trying to do right by. Two questions I guess - what would the ballpark value of this signed photo be - and should I bother to have this PSA certified? The public perception as opposed to that of an informed populace is that the comfort they feel from a PSA certification justifies more money. Personally I trust a few here wayyy more than PSA. That said - I am obligated to get the most bang for the consignor. The cost seems prohibitive though especially given that an opinion doesn't change whether the item is good or not.
My other choice would be to have him consign it to one of the auction houses and let them deal with it assuming they would only take it if they felt it was good and they could make money on it.
Happy to listen to any thoughts you might have to help me in forming a plan of action. I'm pretty sure I'm going to suggest he send the LARGE one of these to an auction house rather than have me list it on eBay. I think he would do better as long as I could negotiate a 0% commission - I saw they were selling in the 1500.00 range which really isn't that much so that might be doubtful. Would I be best served sending the large one to PSA is I guess the same question as for the smaller one......
Friendly,
henry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Scan_20190316 (61).jpg (74.5 KB, 126 views)