View Single Post
Old 08-10-2021, 10:50 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlevy View Post
Recent pick-up. Yes, it is very faded from the original blue, and looks like someone ripped it from the wall, damaging the tip to where it is literally hanging on by a thread. Since it had the elusive 1955 year and "World Series Champs" printed on it, I would have expected it to be quite popular in Brooklyn, despite the plain graphics. But the only other one I have seen was in an ITPC auction years ago, and that one originated from Walter Alston's estate.

Then Kyle visited Dodger Stadium and his eagle eyes spotted this photo of the Dodgers promoting a new stadium in Brooklyn, with this pennant flying proudly above. Always nice seeing these pennants in photos. Thanks Kyle.

Attachment 472942
Attachment 472943
Great find!

Maybe you could remove that redundant 3rd tassel, and use the material to do that knitting/weaving procedure, to strengthen/rebuild the torn tip. You'll never find a better material match. I forget what the procedure is actually called, but someone here will remember, as it wasn't long ago that we discussed the YouTube video ("Felting Needles" or something like that )