View Single Post
Old 04-13-2019, 06:14 PM
Curt

I don't have the patience to complete a full set of signed cards. At one time, I was trying to get as many 56T and 78T cards signed and still pick up singles if I think I need them. I do not have a checklist made up though.

I was chasing the Topps All Rookie Team trophy cards too, but that was nearly impossible to begin with (Munson being cost prohibitive, for one) and it just keeps getting worse with all the new, high end players making the teams and the trend for folks to no longer really get base Topps cards signed.

I also try to get as many Dodger cards as I can. This is ongoing, but I don't sweat non-completion of any given team set.

Lastly, I was trying to complete Mariner team sets from 1977 to about 1987. They seem to have had more than their fair share of obscure/tough guys that are hard to find or too expensive for my taste (Byron McLaughlin mostly, but Rick Anderson, Rod Craig and some others) so that collection sits unfinished as well.

Does anyone know for certain if Dave Collins refuses to sign his 1977 Topps card? I know it is not him, so maybe he is one of THOSE guys that won't sign it. I have seen one pop up at least once, but it was quite expensive. I think Collins may be a little elusive to begin with, but I have not been able to find this one at what I considered a reasonable price.