View Single Post
Old 01-19-2016, 05:56 AM

The National Amateur Baseball Federation (NABF) was established at an organizational meeting in Louisville, Kentucky, in 1914, and is the oldest continually operated national baseball organization in the country.

The NABF is a nonprofit organization run by a number of Officers and Directors from all parts of the United States. These volunteers help keep the organization running smoothly, as regional and national championship tournaments are held coast to coast.

I think I'm on to something. Hank Gowdy played in the 1914 world series and the bat says "Champion Catcher From Boston National League Says". This puts the bat made in 1915. The NABF was originated in Louisville, Kentucky, the same place that this Bat was produced by Hillerich and Sons. By 1916, the company was called Hillerich & Bradsby. So this definitely puts the decal Bat made during 1915.

My opinion, that the bat was made as a promotional sample advertising for the NABF Championship Series in 1915 for the Baltimore teams.

Bobby- thanks for your dedicated research. Atleast we know that this Bat is from 1915.

Brian