View Single Post
Old 09-15-2010, 10:43 AM
Dan Bretta

Default Why Ebay Sucks To Infinity

This guy is the reason ebay should return the seller's privilege to give out negative feedbacks. How do other ebayers protect themselves from an idiot like this if you can't see how he operates?

Scenario...I list this auction on ebay on August 10th

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...1#ht_500wt_947

...it ends on August 17th. My auction states that the buyer has 5 days to pay...Joe725 is the winner...seems to me that I recall this bidder...ah yes, he won an auction from me in June or July and I had to turn him into ebay after two weeks for non-payment...he finally paid for that auction. Well, once again he is late with payment, but I figure this is how the guy does it and I'll get paid soon...well after 10 days I turn him in to ebay again for non-payment and he finally pays me on Sept 1st. Being the dutiful seller that I am I already have it packaged and ready to ship via priority insured mail and get it to the post office on the same day....the tracking info shows that he received the package on Sept 3rd

0309 2880 0000 0693 1735

Now here it Sept 15th and the guy emails me and says the cards are horrible and he wants a refund...I tell him that it's been well past the 7 day return period stated in the auction. He then turns me in to ebay for "item significantly not as described."..along with it he sends me an email that says he was in the hospital so he couldn't do anything until now...check out his ebay bidding activity during the time he states he was in the hospital. He has won 8 items since receiving my postcards.

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dl...&sort=3&_rdc=1

So I email him back and tell him to send the cards back and I'll refund as soon as I get them...of course ebay states that I have "3 days to refund upon receipt"...but he had two weeks to pay me after he won them.

I'd suggest blocking this guy (Joe725 Joe Loce from Rochester, NY) if you sell Women's baseball postcards and, or autographed nudie photos.

When will ebay start protecting sellers again?

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 09-15-2010 at 11:33 AM.