View Single Post
Old 04-24-2006, 07:25 AM
Administrator

Default Bruce Badcock T 206 scan of Brooklyn

Posted By: Frank Wakefield

Hey Mike,

I'm posting these thoughts so some of the board guys can tell me I'm wrong on this. But I think I'm right.

The Pattee card that is horizontal is a tough card, as the guides indicate.

Same for the Dahlen card, an innocent looking portrait that is difficult to find.

I think the McIntyre card that is just Brooklyn, is tougher than the throwing card that lists Brooklyn and Chicago. And the guides have it the other way. I have 2 of each. The hands over head Brooklyn card is a 150 series, I have a Piedmont and a Sweet Caporal. The B&C throwing card I have in Sweet Caporal 350, and Polar Bear. I really think they hands over head is found less often.

The other cards I think the guides have wrong is the Rucker cards. The Nap Rucker portrait is a nice looking card, and I think it is found less plentiful than the throwing card. My throwing card is a Piedmont 350, my portrait is a Piedmont 150. It seems that guides value the throwing card more. I think the guides have their values backwards.

I'd like to hear from the other guys on the board to see if they think I'm correct on this, or..... out in left field!

Frank.