View Single Post
Old 10-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Default The next great investment?

Posted By: Tom Boblitt

'R' premiums
Pins (like P2's, Cracker Jack, et al....)
Other tobacco premiums like silks, Helmar Stamps, etc.

At least they are reasonably priced in comparison to their tobacco card cousins........try an EXMT/NRMT P2 Cobb pin versus an EXMT/NRMT T205/T206 Cobb......although.....PSA is now working to destroy that leverage by grading pins.

I agree with people the 1920's sets are still undervalued.

I think another are is deceased hall of famer single signed balls from guys that died 2-10 years ago......the Catfish Hunters, Willie Stargells, etc have gone WAY up compared to a year or two before their death.....they regularly sell in the $75-$100 range now and you could have gotten dozens of them a few years back for $15-$20. A little morbid on the collecting but if you're strictly a speculator, they will hold up. Also guys like Bill Dickey/Terry, Gehringer, Judy Johnson, etc.....

Tickets seem to be surging along with personal checks from Hall of Famers (another favorite of mine.....). Those prices seem to be moving up in the bigger names like Ruth, Wagner, Cobb, etc. I bet if you checked, they've doubled in last 2-3 years in value (at least 50-75% increase).

It also seems like N,T and 1930's Non-sports are enjoying nice increases--especially with the SGC/PSA grading.....

JMO.........

p.s. also GOLD COINS.......about 2 years late on them though....
p.p.s. after today, maybe oil futures.........