Thread: Classified Ads
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2002, 02:16 PM
Administrator

Default Classified Ads

Posted By: Elliot

I've wrestled for some time now regarding the correct policy to have on buy/sell postings on the board. I've received input from quite a number of posters, but, of course, opinions varied from one extreme to the other.

Going forward, I would like to institute the following policy:

1) This thread titled "Classified Ads" will be set up, and all buy/sell posts should be posted in this thread. This will allow people who don't want to read the post(s) to skip them. I will be deleting the recent posts by Jim and Pete, and ask them to repost in this new thread. (To Jim and Pete---sorry for the inconvenience).

2) Classified Ads posts will be restricted to contributors to the board. If you don't want to expand the knowledge base of the board, then you lose the right to post "free" classified ads.

3) I don't want this board to become a "classified" board, so I ask everybody to use discretion regarding the number of posts that they make to this thread.

4) A reminder that there is no "pre-screening" of posters, so conclude transactions at your own risk.

I hope everybody finds these policies reasonable and fair, but please let me know if you agree/disagree.

regards

Elliot