View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leaflover View Post
I might be a bit biased. Something like this would be my choice. A card that presents well, plus a Bio on the back. The best part you can probably get one for less than $500. AND it goes with the theme of the program.
REGARDING THE 2013 NSCC PROMO The Card that Never Was 1915 CRACKER JACK BABE RUTH /500

I wholeheartedly agree. SCD editor Tom Bartsch was able to pick one up for me at the National Convention where it was given out. They only made 500, and it was crafted with the utmost thought and care. I prize it for its beauty, its historical accuracy, and even the fact PSA wisely endorsed the promotion. The PSA cert succinctly identifies it as a modern 1915 Cracker Jack fantasy card, as well as affirms its limited edition existence. For some frog collectors, 500 cards is way too big a pond to share, and thus not exclusive enough. Others wouldn't have it in their collection because it's a modern fantasy Babe Ruth, and not a vintage card of The Babe during his playing days. Methinks there's enough eye candy in this baby to go around and around with absolute delight!

One of the key factors to keep in mind is the fact most of the collectors who were privileged to get this prime free prize are holding tight onto it, as I am, and displaying this gorgeous Ruth with their original vintage cards, AND LOVING IT!

Think about it. With what a collector paid to get into the convention, in most cases having to stay at the host hotel and pay their hefty bill, and all the meals you would naturally need to purchase, the "free prize" WAS ANYTHING BUT FREE! Think about that, my friend. ---Brian Powell

Last edited by brian1961; 12-14-2015 at 12:09 PM.