View Single Post
Old 12-16-2014, 03:41 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I think the insurance mostly covers damaged or lost packages but not the actual item within the package. Again I could be wrong but I think purchasing insurance covers you in the event that the package is lost or destroyed prior to delivery.

I.E. if you insure a package for $1,000 and it drops off the tracking system and can't be found, you have a viable claim. Same if the package is run over or something and the contents are damaged. In cases of theft I think the signature will determine if the item was delivered correctly, and if it wasn't then the post office has an obligation.

I don't think insurance covers you in the event that someone says they got something other than what you shipped inside of your package.
Could be, since their job is purely to deliver what you shipped; however, the thief is claiming that they did not receive what you shipped - that means that something happened to it along the way and it never arrived. As long as they stick to that story, and you stick to yours, you should be good. I get David's (J's) logic, and I'm sure that if it happened more than once, and for a large $ amount, you would get investigated and end up in prison for fraud.

Theoretically someone could have opened the package, removed the contents or inserted something different, and packaged it right back up. I would think that would be covered.

My dealer insurance covers me for packages I ship, packages shipped to me, or theft. The same company offers collector insurance, but I'm not sure if it covers the same exact situations. If you buy/sell a lot of stuff that requires insurance, you might look into it.

Last edited by Runscott; 12-16-2014 at 03:42 PM.