View Single Post
Old 03-13-2012, 03:08 AM
Bilko Glasier

I personally think all these autograph posts are great!!

I think most of the autograph collectors that have been around a few years or longer already know about "this side" of the hobby.

As far as the new collectors or people "thinking about getting into collecting autographs" these posts offer them great knowledge and let them know about the forgery's and to do their homework, nothing wrong with that.

These "posts" aren't unique to Net54 either. Other sports collectible boards all have very similar posts (and just as many if not more) and the message boards that are just for autograph collecting have 10 times as many "posts" about the "dark side" of autograph collecting as Net54.

For the people that don't like posts about autographs (or posts from certain people), there is nothing making them click on these posts and reading them, they can simply skip over them since 99% of them can be figured out from the title. Autograph collecting is a HUGE part of the Sports collectibles market and i believe the posts about autographs deserve to be here, just as much as the posts about bat collecting, jersey collecting, cards, photos, etc.

As someone who is very interested in autographs and has been seriously collecting autographs for the last 20-25 years these type of threads actually keep me coming back to Net 54 every single day.

Last edited by Bilko G; 03-13-2012 at 03:23 AM.