View Single Post
Old 09-22-2023, 09:57 AM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasHouseGang View Post
Wow, now that's weird.

I've often wondered why people collect cassettes. No judgement, I just wondered what you like about them.

I just have so many traumatic memories of my car tape deck eating them, that I think I have PTSD when I see them.

Just to follow up on this topic, I looked up cassettes on Ebay. I see that many sealed versions have been graded and are going for around $400-$500. I think cassettes from that era that are still sealed are pretty rare. I have a lot of cassettes, but none that are sealed. I'll have to remember this if I see any sealed copies at garage sales.
I grew up with them as my first introduction to music. All of the music shops had cassettes and I had a Sony Walkman in grade school. I have fond memories of jamming in-between classes to things like Sir Mix A Lot and whatever I recorded off the radio (mainly The Crue).